Thursday, May 15, 2014

Ed Tech #5...Flipped Workstations

have been experimenting the last few weeks with flipping workstations. This is an internal flipping of lessons where students watch videos on www.sophia.org in the areas of phonics and vocabulary. I love the idea of flipping a classroom or lesson but have struggled with it at the elementary level.

My students watch a video at the workstation and then complete the assignment. I like how engaged my students are during the flipped workstations. I also like the collaboration I see and hear as they help each other after the video. It promotes a 21st century skill of working together. I'm still experimenting to get it ready for next year. 

I've enjoyed using www.sophia.org & educreation to set up flipped workstations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment