Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ed Tech Update #4...Videos as Exit Tickets

I love to use videos as exit tickets. I'm sad to say that a few of my students do not have permission to be photographed or in videos, so I will not be posting any videos.

After a unit lesson, I like to ask my students what they learned or a question about the content covered. I feel their open responses are much more meaningful and powerful than a bubble the answer test. At first the students were shy and timid, but over the course of the semester they have become so confident and intentional in regards to their answers. I like to use iMovie, Vimeo and Animoto to create videos. 

I also like to use video when I've been absent to see what the day was like when I get back. The students are always so honest and insightful. 

1 comment:

  1. Mandy: Can you video students individually so you can exclude from publication those students whose parents have asked they not be shared online? Last year we had 5 students out of our student body of almost 600 who couldn't have their photos or videos posted online, and I just took care to not include them in recorded media. There were a couple times I had to delete some photos, and they helped me with that. It would be great to see some of your student video examples.

    Great blog! I'm looking forward to working with you at STEM seeds camp in a couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete