Thursday, July 16, 2015

Summer Ed Tech Learning Challenge

I had the idea of an ed tech learning challenge after participating in Todd Nesloney's Summer Learning Series in  2014. Our district has low participation in professional development because it is not required and there are no or low expectations for it. I wanted to create a personal learning opportunity which would not be too time consuming, would be engaging and provide resources to use today! Selfishly, I love Twitter and get SO many resources and ideas from my PLN. Naturally, I wanted to involve Twitter in this learning challenge as well.

I decided to create 4 challenges for participants to complete over 4 weeks. We presented 1 challenge per week. We started with Twitter so we could utilize it in each of the following challenges. We also created a hashtag #etlc2015 to track participation and encourage communication and collaboration. Since we are a GAFE district we used Google Classroom to relay each challenge, encourage comments and post announcements.

I was pleasantly surprised to have 100 participants sign up in May. We had 65 active participants and will have 40 participants complete all challenges by July 31st. For a district with no professional development expectations, I consider this a success!


No comments:

Post a Comment