Friday, May 27, 2016

Getting Started with STEM Club

Have you ever wanted to start a STEM Club? I love STEM. I think of STEM as integration of all subjects at it's finest. When I started a STEM club, we could only have 20 students in the club due to only 1 club sponsor and it being an after school activity. So I had to find a way to vet students. I didn't want it to be a club only for the super smart students, but I also realized we needed students who would be engaged, motivated and curious. So, I created an application and teacher recommendation form. The goal was for these forms to include a narrative and not just check boxes! Then I conducted student interviews to learn more about the student and what motivates them.

I recently created a Teachers Pay Teachers store called Innovations and Expectations, where you can find more STEM resources if you are interested in starting your own club.

No comments:

Post a Comment