Tuesday, January 3, 2017

2017 Goals


As we begin 2017, it's like a fresh start. We have the opportunity to choose what we want 2017 to look like. In my professional life, I have several goals. 

1. I want to read more.
Last year I set a goal to read 25 books in the year. This year I will not be setting a number goal. I want to read for enjoyment and I want to read interesting books relating to education. The first book I'm reading is 48 Days to the Work You Love by Dan Miller.


2. I want a better work-life balance.
I tend to be really good at work or really good at home. I want to make a conscious decision every day to work hard and to enjoy my personal life. 


3. I want to be more intentional with networking.
I would like to dedicate my lunch hour to networking. I am really good at meeting people but I am often lackluster at following up. My goal is to follow up and build authentic relationships. Even if I only do this one time per week, that's 52 chances to build connections!


What are your goals for 2017?

No comments:

Post a Comment