Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Global Read Aloud 2018

This is my first year back in the classroom so I HAD to participate in the Global Read Aloud. The Global Read Aloud or GRA's goal is One Book to Connect the World. 

This year my class is reading Amal Unbound. We read a few chapters each day. Then my students use Flipgrid to create chapter summaries. We also use Flipgrid for our weekly discussion questions.

The GRA is not only a great way to keep your class excited about reading, but also to connect with classes from our the globe. This year classes are using Flipgrid, Padlet, and Skype to connect and discuss the book. It is so cool to see my students get excited about talking about a book.

If you missed out this year, don't worry just go to the GRA site, linked above and sign up to participate next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment