Tuesday, October 9, 2018

What I Love Series: ClassDojo

I love using ClassDojo. I started using it briefly in 2014. I first heard about it at EdCamp in 2014. I thought I'd try it out on my current 2nd-grade class and then stop using it. 

I started trying it out on my 2nd-grade class. I set up positive points and introduced it to my class. My idea was to use it for one week only and then never again. Well, that is NOT how it went! My class loved earning positive points. They loved sharing that information with their parents and needless to say, we never stopped using it. 

Then I became an instructional tech trainer and did not have a class to use it with anymore. I kept tabs on their awesome updates over the years and when I returned to the classroom this year, I knew I had to use it. 

Reason #1 Why I Love ClassDojo

We started the year by introducing the tools and the positive points. Then as we began the year talking about coping skills and growth mindset, the Big Idea lessons fit in perfectly. We learned more about mindset, perseverance, empathy, gratitude, and mindfulness.


Reason #2 Why I Love ClassDojo

Many of my parents speak Spanish, however with ClassDojo I can message parents and then it will translate the message for parents and vice versa for when they message me! It's a win-win!

Reason #3 I Love ClassDojo

The Class Story feature allows me to give parents a sneak peek into the daily happenings of our classroom. Parents have stated they feel more connected to our classroom because they can see what their child is doing and learning each day. 

ClassDojo is a great classroom tool and offers so many resources, from a getting started guide for teachers to guided PD resources for school staff. These are just a few reasons I love ClassDojo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment