Friday, October 12, 2018

What I Love Series: Khan Academy

This is my first year using Khan Academy and I am loving it! We are using Khan Academy for math and it helps me provide a more personalized approach to math for my students. 

Reason #1 I Love Khan Academy

I love Khan Academy because it helps fill in the learning gaps for my students. I can use the data from lessons assigned to my students to create small groups for more personalized small group instruction. This helps me be more intentional in my instruction. 


Reason #2 I Love Khan Academy

Khan Academy allows my students to have a reteach opportunity if they did not quite understand the lesson before they get to the teacher table for small group instruction. It's almost like having two math teachers in the classroom with the video lessons and tutorials.

Reason #3 I Love Khan Academy

Khan Academy helps my students feel successful in math. Once a student watches the videos, then they can complete the exercises. If they do not get the correct answer, there is an opportunity to watch a video tutorial again or work with a peer tutor. Khan Academy sets my students up for success and it creates an environment where they can work together and help one another. 

Khan Academy has definitely changed the math environment in my class. My class has gone from dreading math time, to loving math time. I love where it fills in learning gaps and helps students feel successful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment