Tuesday, October 16, 2018

What I Love Series: Common Lit

Common Lit has been a great addition to our reading block. It helps align my curriculum to the standards and supports literacy.



Reason #1 Why I Love Common Lit

Common Lit is FREE. I have used other programs but to get all of the features, you must pay for them. Common Lit provides rigorous content at a price, that is just right!

Reason #2 I Love Common Lit

Common Lit allows me a chance to differentiate instruction. They have a Guided Reading mode which allows students to read a small chunk of the text, answer questions and get immediate feedback.

Reason #3 I Love Common Lit

The majority of my class have been labeled English Language Learners. Common Lit offers a read-aloud setting where the text is read to my students. This is extremely helpful when working with my ELL students so they do not get left behind.

Common Lit is a perfect fit for my 1:1 classroom. I simply assign text to my students based on their needs and can instantly check for understanding. This helps inform my small group instruction as well. This has been a great addition to my classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment