Friday, July 13, 2018

Donors Choose Has Rocked My World

Donors Choose Has Rocked My World. When I left the classroom in 2014, Donors Choose was just taking off in Oklahoma. There were a few requests here or there but not many teachers were seizing the opportunity. 

I have known I will be returning to the classroom in August for a few months, so I decided to start working on requests for my classroom in June. I was amazed at how easy it was to complete a request. Then it was approved by the Donors Choose staff in one day. Then a few days later, my request was fully funded. 

This fueled my fire to try it again. So once again, I submitted a request and in two weeks, it was fully funded too! I have to applaud the power of social media. I share my projects on my Facebook page and have supportive family and friends who also share the project to their Facebook pages.

This year I am reimagining the classroom as we create a student-centered learning space. We are a 1:1 Chromebook classroom who is implementing flexible seating, project-based learning and other creative and innovating learning strategies to increase student engagement.

If you are a teacher, go to Donors Choose, create a project and start transforming your classroom.

If you would like to help fund my classroom, check out our Re-imagine the Classroom projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment